Strands...the Hair Salon will open in a limited capacity on Tuesday, June 2nd
Your Stylist will contact you to schedule an appointment.
The safety and health of the Salon staff, clients and our community continues to be our primary concern. As noted in previous updates, Strands will be conducting its business in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations and guidelines. This includes meeting all CDC and New York State Department of Health Guidelines.
The Salon has adopted and will be operating under the Salon & Spa Professionals of New York State’s Proposed Re-opening Guidelines. These guidelines have been submitted to the to the Governor's office and Empire State Development Corp for consideration. Additionally, all Stylists have become re-certified in [whatever the program certification is] through Barbicide.
The Salon will continue to ensure it is up to date with any policy changes that may occur in this rapidly developing situation.
* * * * *
The following appointment procedures will be implemented at the Salon until further notice:
• All services must be by appointment only, no walk-ins. Appointment times shall be staggered so as to allow adequate time to properly clean and disinfect between customers. Only one client is permitted per appointment unless there is a medical necessity or if a child is receiving the service.
• Appointments will be confirmed 24 hours in advance. Your stylist will discuss any health issues, cough, headaches, sore throats or your exposure to anyone sick in the past 14 days. Your appointment will be rescheduled if necessary.
• Clients will wait in their car until their Stylist informs them they are ready for them to enter the Salon. Your temperature will be taken at the door. If you have a fever, you will NEED to reschedule.
• Clients MUST arrive wearing a facial covering/mask. All clients must wear facial covering at all times; if cutting/coloring around the ear, client may undo mask strap but will hold the mask in place.
• ONLY those with a scheduled service will enter the Salon. Come alone! As stated above, the only exception is if there is a medical necessity or if a child is receiving the service. only exception would be, a client with special needs that requires assistance.
• The maximum occupancy for the Salon is SIX people at one time.
• The Salon asks that you limit your belongings – please leave handbags at home or in your car. Bring your mask, phone, eyeglasses and form of payment. DO NOT bring food. Any beverage a client brings, limit to ONE in a sealable bottle. We will not be offering beverages at this time.
• The Salon asks all clients to please arrive on time and to inform the Salon if they will be late.
The following are the safety procedures Stylists will be performing at the Salon:
• Temperatures will be taken each day upon our arrival & recorded as recommended. We will leave the Salon if necessary.
• Stylists will maintain proper social distancing from one another. We will be wearing masks & protective eyewear.
• We will wash our hands or use sanitizer before and after each client. We are taking precautions knowing the virus is still active.
• All staff have updated certifications on sanitation protocols.
• Each area including tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized and/or disinfected between each appointment.
• As a precaution, we will not be using our blow-dryers to finish your service.
* * * * *
Our schedules will be hectic, we have 10 weeks of canceled appointments to reschedule. We will be working in split shifts, at 50% capacity. If you are late for your appointment, you may NOT be accommodated. There will be a service charge for No Shows, there are TOO many clients waiting for appointments. You will be charged half the cost of the service you missed, that will be paid before you can reschedule.
We are following the most current guidelines provided. We do not have the authority or ability to change the situation. We may be called upon to provide information for “Contact Tracing”. We would handle this situation with discretion and act responsibly to protect our community. Please understand we are doing our best with these circumstances.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING LETTER
Dear Valued Strands Client,
We understand that you may have concerns about visiting the Salon with the Covid 19 illness still at large. Hopefully, sharing with you the measures taken for everyone’s safety has been helpful. This industry is unique, we provide a service that makes social distancing a challenge. There is a risk involved. A Salon visit is NOT considered ESSENTIAL. Therefore, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your Salon appointment...please discuss this with your stylist. WE want you comfortable with your decision to return to STRANDS.
Donna, Suzanne, Meghan, Lisa & Anne
Strands The Hair Salon is locally owned and operated. Located in Westvale, a suburb of Syracuse, New York; we have been serving our community for over 20 years. We are dedicated to provide professional and courteous service in a relaxing environment. We look forward to the opportunity for you to experience Strands...the Hair Salon.
We are a full service salon that caters to each client's style and personality. Our professional and experienced staff will provide you with prompt and personal service to suit your needs. We focus on advanced training, to offer our clients the most specialized options for today's cuts, colors, and styling techniques.
In order to keep your salon experience as relaxing as possible - PLEASE SILENCE your cell phone upon arrival.
Because our salon is devoted to the consideration of everyone's time, be aware that if you are late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Kindly allow 24 hours for cancellations. We request one month notice for the cancellation of a wedding party.
We accept personal checks and cash for services.
There will be a $25 charge on all returned checks.
600 Fay Road
Syracuse, New York 13219